1. Nobody likes the commentary on the Olympics. Stop talking.
2. Thank you for the suggestions, Peanut, but we willl not be naming the baby Izzabilly, Fazanu, Finasnoyo, Lindsu, Inaspinoyo, or Nabasu.
3. Microsoft is on my s–t list again. Hardcore. ‘Nother massive crash, ‘nother data wipe (albeit with a good backup this time). I will be upgrading everything soon, but they’ll rue the day. Some day a long time from now when I have the energy to fight the power. RUE, I tell you. Monolithic cretins.
4. I officially spend too much time talking with my child. To wit…
Me: We’re about to get off the freeway.
Peanut: You mean “exit,” Mommy.
What does exit mean?
M: It means to leave, “you leave” in another language called Latin.
P: No, it’s English. The Latin for leave is “leaf.”
M: How was your day, P?
P: No, not good. Great. Like “fabulous.”
P: Yeah. Like “tremendous” and “amazing” all together.
5. Today? Three words: Patty Griffin. Florida.
“The night wants to kiss you deep
And be on his way
Pretend he don’t know you the very next day
Isn’t it hard sometimes
Isn’t it lonely?
How I still hang around here
And there’s nothing to hold me”
(can’t vouch for the video, but have a listen…)