Okay, Ink. This one’s for you…
Anyone who wants to play along, we welcome you. Give us a link in the comments and we’ll go read your less snarky replies.
- How did you come up with your blog title OR what does it mean?
I began the blog on a dare from someone I adore, who told me that if i was so nervous my writing was crap, I should start a blog and see who came to read. I was trying to think up a name when a squall erupted in the baby monitor. I realized I could only write at naptime, and that was part of the blog’s raison d’etre *and* neuroses.
- What are your general goals for blogging?
Sanity. Connection with the other wackjobs who think the way I do. Exorcising demons about isolation and writerly worthlessness
- Do people “in your real life” know that you blog and do they comment on your blog OR is it largely anonymous?
Everybody knows…I might need an anonymous shadow blog soon.
- How often do you post (x per week)?
Usually 5x but I have no expectations for myself. I just have an inability to shut up.
- How often do you read other blogs (x per week)?
Once, maybe twice. Sorry blogobuds.
- How do you select blogs to read (do you prefer blogs that focus on certain topics or do you choose by tone or…?)
I surf by tag and generally find favorites by pilfering blogrolls of my favorites.
- Do you have any plans to copy your blog entries in any other format, 0r do you think that one day, you’ll just delete it all?
Copy into journal; steal some stuff for fiction writing
- What are the things you like best about blogging?
Easier than bathroom walls; garners an audience, no matter how small, who likes to read my blatherings; makes me feel more sane because others share my insanity; makes me feel heard and for that reason unburdens Spouse; no editor, no deadline, no peer review, no mediation; found peeps I never would have otherwise, and really, genuinely appreciate what they’ve added to my life
- What are the things you don’t like about blogging?
feels totally egomaniacal and vapid…don’t like to contribute to the noise because now I’m part of the problem.
- How do you handle comments?
Accept all that aren’t offensive. Didn’t reply to comments in the beginning because it felt silly. Now use it as dialogue because commenters take the time so they deserve acknowledgment. I rarely check back to the blogs on which I comment, though, because I am offering a thought that usually doesn’t need response.
- Optional: add your own topic here: any burning thoughts to share on blog etiquette? desired blog features? blog addiction? blog vs. facebook?
Are you kidding me? I have forty-two other things to be doing and you’re offering a fill-in-the-blank? To you I say bah. That’s right. BAH!